Home & Legacy adds flight disruption solution to travel insurance
Posted on: 17 March 2021
As the UK takes its first steps along the roadmap out of lockdown, many customers will be starting to think of future travel plans, and looking even more closely at travel insurance products for protection.
We are pleased to announce that Home & Legacy’s Worldwide Multi-Trip Travel Insurance has been enhanced to include airport lounge access should customers experience a delay. The product enhancement is made possible thanks to a partnership with Allianz Assistance and InsurTech, Blink Parametric, offering an innovative data driven travel disruption solution:
- The Home & Legacy travel policyholder registers their flight details online at flightdelay.allianz-assistance.co.uk to ensure the flight is monitored in real-time.
- The traveller will be notified of any delay or cancellation that occurs to the registered flight.
- The Home & Legacy customer and their family would then be offered airport lounge access to any of the registered 1,400 executive airport lounges worldwide if their flight is delayed by 2 hours or more.
- The cover supports an unlimited number of trips and lasts for the duration of the travel policy.
- Real-time event notification allows for real-time problem resolution!
Home & Legacy Underwriting and Markets Director, Adrian Ewington, said of the new cover: “We are all hoping to see a return to travel for business and for pleasure as soon as it is safely possible. At Home & Legacy, we recognise our role in supporting our client needs within a recovering travel environment. Our new lounge pass feature uses real-time automated technology that delivers a first-rate customer experience instantly.”
Paul Prendergast, CEO and Co-founder of Blink spoke of the partnership to say: “This is an exciting start to 2021 for us. We are truly looking to the future of travel and are proud to be partnering with Home & Legacy on their latest customer experience initiative. Home & Legacy are experts in creating tailored insurance products wrapped in incredible customer service for customers with busy lifestyles and we have worked hand in hand to deliver a superior experience that both befits their brand and matches our own standards of service delivery.”
Home & Legacy Worldwide Multi-Trip Travel Insurance is available in conjunction with Home & Legacy household insurance, and also includes covers for epidemics and pandemics, including Covid-19.
The Delayed Departure Airport Lounge Access cover is included on Home & Legacy travel policies with effective date from 1st February 2021.