Obtaining a Green Card from Home & Legacy to drive vehicles abroad
Posted on: 15 March 2019
Following this week's Brexit debates and votes in parliament, there is still no clarity on whether the UK will leave the EU on 29th March 2019 and whether or not there will be a deal in place.
Should the UK leave the EU on 29th March 2019 without a deal in place, we would like to reassure Home & Legacy motor policyholders that they still benefit from the same policy cover; Additional Cover 20 - Using your vehicle abroad. The only difference being that a Green Card would be required by policyholders to drive vehicles abroad.
Please note: Home & Legacy requires a minimum of 10 working days' notice to process Green Cards for motor policyholders. Green cards are issued free of charge.
To obtain a Green Card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following details:
- Dates of intended travel: departure and return
- The registration number, make and model of the vehicle being used abroad
- The countries being travelled through
- Policyholder's name and policy number
- The full name(s) of any additional drivers named on the policy, who may also use the vehicle abroad
Alternatively, you can apply for a Green Card using our online form.