Our distinctive building works policy for the protection against loss or damage during refurbishments or extensions. The policy lasts for the duration of the works and can be tailored to suit your client's individual project.
- All risks for permanent & temporary works
- Materials in transit or incidental storage for up to 14 days
- Unexpected costs to remedy defects for up to 12 months after the work
- Machinery breakdown
- Expediting expenses, e.g. speeding up repairs or overtime working
- Offsite storage for up to 6 months
- Debris removal for up to 10% of contract value
- Up to £50,000 for the cost of re-writing or re-drawing plans
- Unexpected professional fees
- Costs of complying with building or other regulations – up to 10% of contract value
As with all insurance policies, Building Works Insurance is subject to terms & conditions fully detailed in the policy wording.