This specialist, standalone policy is designed to assist with the legal expenses landlords can incur, such as eviction costs or recovery of unpaid rent. Landlord's Legal Expenses provides cover for legal costs up to £60,000:
- To recover possession of a property if the tenant fails to vacate at the end of the tenancy
- To assist recovery of unpaid rent
- To pursue the tenant for disputes about damage to the landlord's property
- For defence costs if action is being taken against the landlord by the tenant
- To evict squatters from the landlord's property
- To assist with health & safety or tax disputes related to the landlord's property
- Assistance with the cost of alternative accommodation for up to 30 days while trying to gain possession of the property
- Access to a legal helpline for advice on tenancy related matters
This policy is best suited to those already covered by seperate landlord's buildings and contents insurance. If your client is looking for a more inclusive policy, Home & Legacy's Ultra Landlord automatically includes specialist landlord's legal expenses cover, a top level of buildings and contents cover and a host of optional extras.
If your client also wants to protect against rental arrears in addition to cover for legal expenses, they might want to consider Home & Legacy's
Landlord's Rent & Legal Protection.
As with all insurance policies, Landlord's Legal Expenses is subject to terms & conditions fully detailed in the policy wording.