This specialist standalone annual policy is designed to assist landlords letting residential property with the costs they could incur to take or defend legal action if their tenant breaches the tenancy agreement or fails to pay their rent.
Landlord's Rent & Legal Protection provides total cover of £100,000 any one claim/in any period of insurance:
- 75% of the monthly rent paid (maximum monthly rent is £6,000) for up to 12 months or until vacant possession of the property is obtained (excluding the first month’s rent)
- Costs up to £60,000:
- To evict the tenant (includes when rent is not paid, anti-social behaviour)
- To obtain damages or legal remedy for property disputes (includes breach of tenancy terms, damage, nuisance, rights of way)
- To assist recovery of unpaid rent
- To assist with health & safety defence or tax disputes related to the property
- Assistance with the cost of alternative accommodation up to £1,500 while trying to gain possession of the property
- Access to a legal helpline for advice on general UK law, tax or health and safety matters in the UK.
This policy is best suited to those already covered by separate landlord's buildings and contents insurance. If your client is looking for a more inclusive policy, Home & Legacy's Ultra Landlord automatically includes the same specialist landlord's legal expenses cover, a top level of buildings and contents cover and a host of optional extras, including the option to include rent cover.
As with all insurance policies, Landlord’s Rent & Legal Protection is subject to terms & conditions fully detailed in the policy wording.